Follow the Weather in Your Menubar With Meteo

Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM
Remember Weatherbug? That bloated, spyware infested, Windows program that displayed the current temperature and made strange chirping sounds whenever there was a thunderstorm watch? Despite all it's flaws, everyone seemed to use it (any many still do today) because it's so useful to have the weather available at a glance.

Since I switched to Mac, I've been using Dashboard widgets to keep track of the weather (my favorites are the default OS X one, The Weather Underground, and The Weather Channel). However, I've found that I don't really bother to check them that much. Bringing up the whole Dashboard just to check the temperature is inefficient. I want a way to casually glance at the temperature in the same way that I glance at the clock.

Meteo is a free app that let's you show the current temperature and conditions on your menubar.


You can choose to display different conditions, future forecasts, and even a radar image in the customizable drop down menu.

The options are fairly easy to understand, but I had a little trouble finding the menu where you are able to toggle the different conditions on and off. To find this hidden menu, go to the City Editor and double click your city. Look at the Weather Items and Forecast Items tab and you will be able to toggle things like UV Index, Wind Speed, Pressure, and the radar image.

The best part of Meteo is that it's 100% free!

What do you think of this program? What do you use to get your weather forecasts? Let us know in the comments section below.

1 Responses to Follow the Weather in Your Menubar With Meteo

  1. Kate Says:

    This is so great! I love seeing the weather on the menu bar. Now I don't have to check Weather.com a hundred times a day.

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 Desktop Maven | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Layout by MB Web Design | Coded by Cahaya Biru